Permits may be dropped off during normal business hours, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. or be e-mailed to email@example.com (if emailed three copies of all building permits and supporting documentation is required to be mailed to this office). We accept payment over the phone via debit or credit card (with a 3% service fee), or you can bring a check to our office.
Proper preparation of plans is the key to obtaining a permit without unnecessary delays. Plan carefully. Make certain that your plans clearly indicate what you are going to do, where you are going to do it and how you propose to do it.
Although staff members will aid you with general questions about completing the forms, it is ultimately your responsibility to provide accurate information.
As an alternative to submitting plans in-person or through the mail, plans may now be submitted through our Online Permit Center.
***BEGINNING MAY 1, 2023, ALL PLANS WILL BE REVIEWED DIGITALLY, whether they are submitted via digitally or in paper form. As a result, submitting plans in paper form may increase the anticipated processing/review time as staff will need to scan the plans. The applicant shall be responsible for printing a copy of the approved digital plans to have at the job site.***
You may pay online after we have received, logged in your application/permit, and the permit is approved.
**Attention Contractors, Builders and Architects**
All plans must now comply with the 2018 International Building Codes. Any Mastered plans are null and void and will require new submittal and plan review.
- Site plan showing lot coverage calculations – no larger than 11×17 (x2 sets)
- Construction plans (x3 sets)
- Truss package with engineer’s stamps and layout (x3 sets)
- Beam calculation sheets for all but basic headers (x3 sets)
- Energy Code compliance sheets (x3 sets)
- Floor joist manufacturer’s layout with calc. sheets for representative joints/beams (x3 sets)
- Engineering for any nonprescriptive elements to include details and calcs. with design criteria (x3 sets)
- Residential solar checklist is required for solar permits (x2 sets)
- Plot Plan with Stormwater Erosion Control Plan showing Best Management Practices (BMPs) (x1 set)
For further explanation on what some of these items mean, please see our Building Terms page.
You can avoid unnecessary permit delays by carefully providing all required information. You may disregard items that do not address your particular building.