To request or cancel an inspection with Jeff Fortner, City Building Inspector, please call 509-698-7365.
Please Note: Inspection requests will not be accepted via email. You must call in to request or cancel an inspection.
Building Inspection Hours:
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Latest appointment time is either 3 or 3:30 p.m. depending on type of inspection.
(Closed weekends and holidays)
Please allow a minimum of 24 hours notice when requesting an inspections. We can not guarantee next day appointments, we will give you the next soonest available.
When scheduling an inspection, please have the following information ready:
- What kind of inspection is needed (footing, roof sheathing, rough-in plumbing, final, etc.)
- Street address of the property needing inspection
- Contact person name and phone number
- All Permits and approved plans are required to be on-site or in the general contractor’s site offices at the time of the inspection.
- The general contractor or permit holder is responsible for insuring that all areas are inspected prior to concealment.
- Areas of inspections need to be ready when the inspection is requested and the contact person must be on-site – If you schedule an inspection and you are not ready or you are not on site then the inspection is automatically failed and counts against you as an inspection, depending on how many inspections you have already received on the project you could be required to pay an additional inspection fee of $78.61 to reschedule.
- If there are any corrections to be made, the inspector will leave a “Correction Notice,” outlining the items to be addressed before approval. When corrections have been completed, re-inspections should be scheduled. A re-inspection fee of $78.61 will be charged after the 2nd re-inspection for the same correction/discrepancy.