Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC)


The City collects lodging tax (hotel/motel tax and tourism promotion area fees). These funds can be used for activities, operations and expenditures designed to increase tourism. The Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC) advises the City Council on how to use this revenues

How Can Lodging Tax Revenue Be Used?

  • Tourism marketing
  • Marketing and operations of special events and festivals designed to attract tourists
  • Operations of tourism-related facilities owned or operated by non-profits organizations

Who Decides How to Spend Lodging Tax Revenues?

Applications to use lodging tax funds must be submitted to the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC). The LTAC makes recommendations to the City Council on which applications should be funded.

In making recommendations, the LTAC needs to:

  • Analyze the extent to which the proposal will accommodate activities for tourists or increase tourism, and
  • Analyze the extent to which the proposal will affect the long-range stability of the special fund created for the lodging tax revenues 

How to Apply

  1. Print and complete the Lodging and Tourism Committee Application found below. Or complete the fillable PDF and submit it to selahparks@selahwa.gov.
  2. Present your application and project at the LTAC meetings. Please email selahparks@selahwa.gov for the date and time of the meeting your application will be reviewed.

LTAC Members

  • The Committee has 5 members appointed by the City Council:
  • One elected official of the City who serves as chair (Russell Carlson)
  • Two associated with the lodging industry (Tina Garner, Shelly Monson)
  • Two members involved in activities that could be funded by the tax (Bill Harris, Jean Brown)
  • The Recreation Director for the City of Selah also sits on the committee as an adjunct member, without voting on applications.

 The City Council reviews the membership on an annual basis and makes changes as appropriate. Vacancies on the committee are filled by the City Council.