The City of Selah is seeking to hire a Wastewater Treatment Plant Facility Operator in their Public Works Department. This is a full-time permanent, non-exempt position.
Under the direction of the Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor, this position provides repair and preventative maintenance under the direction of the Treatment Plant Supervisor on the wastewater treatment facilities including, but not limited to the Main Treatment Plant, the Industrial Treatment Plant, and Sludge Disposal operations and systems. This position may require a work week to be other than Monday through Friday. More specific duties include:
- Conduct all operations, maintenance and preventive maintenance procedures as required and directed by the Treatment Plant Supervisor.
- Operate and maintain all pumps, motors, lines, valves, hydraulic and pneumatic and electrical systems appurtenant to the treatment system.
- Collect for and conduct laboratory tests and maintain records appurtenant to wastewater treatment and processing control in the absence of the laboratory personnel.
- Maintain active involvement with the operations of the plant including the maintenance, modification and changes in process control on a daily basis, providing input and recommendations for process control.
- Operate and maintain all equipment and machinery appurtenant to the operation, maintenance and preventive maintenance of the wastewater facilities and their grounds.
Here is a complete Wastewater Treatment Facility Operator Job Description.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
AND, 2 years public works, construction, roadway, sewer, or water operations experience.
And, Possession of valid Washington State Driver’s License.
AND, Possess current Washington State Treatment Plant Operator I, II, or III license. Or the ability to obtain Plant Operator I within 12 months.
AND, the ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
AND, the ability to work in confined spaces, with ladders, and from a boat.
A Treatment Plant Operator need not be a resident of the city of Selah but residency is encouraged. The operator must be able to respond to call-outs within 30 minutes.
For your application to be considered, an Employment Application must be completed; an attached resume and cover letter are optional. All applications must be delivered (or mailed, emailed, or faxed) to City Hall by or before Wednesday February 24, 2021 at 5:00pm. Questions regarding the application process, job duties, compensation, or benefits should be directed to the Public Works Director, Joe Henne, at email@example.com or by calling (509) 698-7365.
The starting compensation for this position is currently $4,265-$5,500 a month depending on experience. Opportunities for salary increase may be available upon completion of training.