The Mayor-Council form of Government
The City of Selah has a “strong Mayor” form of local government. This means that the Mayor is elected by the community at large every four years and serves as the City’s chief executive officer. In a mayor-council form of government, all legislative and policymaking powers are vested in the City Council, and administrative authority is vested in the Mayor. Day to day City operations do not fall under the purview of the City Council.
The City Council is the legislative body and consists of seven City Councilmembers who are elected by the community to serve four-year terms.
The Mayor and City Councilmembers serve on a part-time basis, leaving most of the day-to-day operations to full-time administrative personnel.
City Council Meetings
- Meetings are held at 5:30pm on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month.
- Regularly scheduled study sessions are at 4:30pm before the first council meeting of the month
- Council Chambers:
115 W. Naches Ave
Selah WA 98942
- The public is invited and encouraged to attend
Next Meeting Date: October 10, 2023
4:30 p.m. – Study Session
5:30 p.m. – Regular Meeting
Councilmember and Terms
- Kevin Wickenhagen, January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2025
- Jared Iverson, January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2025
- Elizabeth Marquis, January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2025
- Clifford Peterson, January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2023
- Roger Bell, January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2023
- Michael Costello, January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2023
- Russell Carlson, January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2023