A Stage 2 Burn Ban has been declared by the YRCAA Air Pollution Control Officer for both the Upper and Lower Yakima County areas effectiveTuesday December 22, 2015 at 2:30 p.m. until further notice. This burn ban has been called due to inversion, very poor dispersion and ventilation.
- PM2.5 levels are elevated in the upper county area.
- PM2.5 levels are elevated in the lower county area.
- Ventilation category will be poor.
- Dispersion category will be poor.
- Air quality can change rapidly; please keep watching and we will update the situation as necessary.
CLICK HERE for more information.