V.I.P.S. is committed to enhancing the mission of the Selah Police Department by:
- Being a resource to assist department personnel when needed
- Supporting each other and fostering development of the volunteer program
- Collaborating with the City of Selah in “Building a Better Community”
Prior to acceptance into the volunteer program with the Selah Police it is recommended that citizens attend and complete the annual Selah Police Citizen’s Academy, held each winter. A background investigation, criminal history check and driver’s license check will be performed on all applicants to this program.
V.I.P.S. provide a positive impact on the community due to the services that they provide. They meet monthly at the Police Department as a means for training and for guest speakers. Tasks may include but are not limited to;
- Graffiti removal/cover-up
- Found Bicycle Recovery
- Administrative Support
- Mail Run
- Community/Police/Special Events Support
- Assist with Fleet Maintenance
- Business and residential vacation checks
- Traffic Control.
- High Visibility Patrol or Crime Watch.
Those persons interested must attend several weekly training sessions and will be required to complete a four (4) hour ride-along with Selah Police Officers
Any interested citizen, who resides in the City of Selah or the surrounding residential area of Selah is encouraged to become part of this program.
Community involvement is the most powerful, efficient, and practical force any law enforcement agency has in its fight against crime. It is through this partnership that crime prevention can be more effective and successful.
There is no cost to apply for this program. Applications can be obtained at the Selah Police Department or online here.
For more information , contact Randy Gabbard or Chief Richard Hayes at 698-7348.