The City of Selah is seeking to hire a Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor. This is a full-time permanent, exempt, non-represented position. The anticipated start date for this position is April 1, 2020. A complete job description can be found here: Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
Job Summary: This position performs a variety of skilled, technical, supervisory, and administrative work in the planning, construction, operation, repair, maintenance, and replacement of municipal wastewater treatment plant systems. The Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor directs the operation, maintenance and preventative maintenance of the Wastewater Treatment facilities, including, but not limited to the Treatment Plant, the Industrial Pre-treatment Plant and sludge Disposal properties and systems. As Plant Supervisor, this position is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the Wastewater Treatment Plant and its peripheral operations to ensure efficient, economical and safe operation in accordance with local, State and Federal requirements.
Minimum Requirements: Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- A Degree in Wastewater technology or advanced educational coursework in microbiology, chemistry, instrumentation or closely related field in activated sludge processors is preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience relating to the construction, repair and maintenance of wastewater collection or treatment systems including the operation of related maintenance equipment.
Training, licensing, or certifications:
- Possession of valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Current Washington State Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Class III License, or better.
- Current Washington State Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Class IV License, is preferred.
Application & Interview Process: For your application to be considered, an Employment Application must be completed; an attached resume and cover letter are optional. All applications must be delivered to City Hall (115 West Naches Ave, Selah, WA 98942) by or before Tuesday February 18, 2020 at 5:00pm. Questions regarding the application process, job duties, compensation, or benefits should be directed to the Human Resource Manager, Andrew Potter, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (509) 609-7330. Applicants must be available for interviews which will be held on Tuesday March 3, 2020. These interviews (30-60 minutes) will be scheduled between 9:00am and 1:00pm.
Salary: The starting monthly compensation range for this position is $6,346 — $7,052 dependent upon qualifications.